An Hours Understanding
The Optimal Risk Training An Hours Understanding is a suite of one-hour workshops based on an hours presentation and discussions of unique topics. The modules can either be delivered as stand-alone presentations, or they can be taught as whole modules; the choice is entirely yours.
The aim of An Hour’s Understanding is to arm delegates with a unique range of skills that can be approached as and when appropriate to their timetable. The course will also offer learners the opportunity to study either a single sub-module or a complete module at their discretion.
The presentation/discussions will be delivered online, but there is the capacity to deliver in a training room environment.
Module 1: Risk Management.
- Risk and the risk assessment.
- Risk communications
- Security Surveying.
- Security Auditing.
Module 2: Security Management.
- Security Management.
- What is Critical National Infrastructure, and how is it protected.
- Smart cities and the Internet of Everything.
- Security resilience-What does that mean.
Module 3: Cyber Security.
- The cyber threat.
- Cyber-mitigation strategies.
- Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Cyber terrorism-Does it exist.
Module 4: Crisis Management.
- The Basics of Crisis Management
- Crisis Communications
- Business Continuity Planning
- Disaster Management
Module 5: Academic discussions.
- Are academic qualifications required for security professionals.
- Academic research and writing.
- Critical analysis skills.
Module 6: Criminology.
- Crime causation and crime displacement.
- Situational Crime Prevention (SCP).
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED).
- Routine Activity and Rational Choice.
Module 7: Terrorism and Counter Terrorism
- A history of terrorism.
- Current terrorist threats.
- Counter terrorism strategies.
- Security of Publicly Accessible Places (PAL).
Module 7: Business Awareness.
- The Basics of Marketing Strategy
- Creating a Business Growth Plan & Why is it Important?
- Building your Team for Growth
- Considerations for your consultancy
£40 per module.